How to transfer music from computer to iphone ? This article explains how to transfer music from a computer to an iPhone. Instructions apply to the iTunes app for PC and Mac. You can also transfer music from one iPhone to another.
Transfer Music From iTunes to iPhone: Preliminary Steps
There are a few things to consider before transferring music to an iPhone. Follow this checklist before proceeding:
- Install iTunes: Download the latest version from the iTunes page on Apple’s site.
- Keep iTunes up-to-date: Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer before plugging in your iPhone. To manually check for updates on a Mac, select the Apple menu, then choose App Store. On a PC, select Help > Check for Updates. Once iTunes is up-to-date, close the program.
- You can’t transfer music from an iPhone to a computer: iTunes only performs a one-way synchronization to an iPhone. It doesn’t work both ways.
How to Connect Your iPhone to iTunes – how to transfer music from computer to iphone
Follow these steps to connect your iPhone to your computer and select it in iTunes.
Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
In the upper-left corner of the iTunes window, select the iPhone icon, located to the right of the media menu.
4. The iPhone appears in the left iTunes pane, under the Devices section. Select the triangle next to the device to expand the iPhone entry and select any of the media types.
How to Automatically Transfer Music From iTunes – how to transfer music from computer to iphone
The easiest way to transfer music to the iPhone is by using the automatic sync method.
iTunes shows you how much storage space is left on the iPhone. Check the capacity meter at the bottom of the screen.
On the iTunes window now showing the device, select the Music menu tab in the left pane.
Select Sync Music to enable it.
To enable the transfer of all your music, select Entire music library.
4. If you prefer to select only certain songs from your iTunes library, choose Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres. To specify the playlists, artists, albums, and genres, scroll down and select the media you want to sync.
5. To automatically sync music to the iPhone, select Apply to start the transfer process.
How to Transfer Music Manually From iTunes – how to transfer music from computer to iphone
If you don’t want iTunes to automatically transfer music to your iPhone, it’s possible to configure the program for manual syncing. This method offers more control over which of your iTunes media you want on your iPhone.
Near the top of the main iTunes screen, select Summary in the left panel.
Select Manually manage music and videos to enable this mode.
3. Select Apply to save the settings.
4. Select the back arrow at the top of iTunes and locate the Library section in the left pane. Select Songs. You can also select Albums, Artists or Genres.
5. Drag and drop songs from the main iTunes window to the left pane where the phone is listed. If you have several songs you want to sync at once, press and hold Ctrl or Command and then select each song.
As an alternative to manually dragging songs to your iPhone, use iTunes playlists. These are easy to set up and save time when syncing. If you previously created iTunes playlists you want to sync to the iPhone, drag and drop the playlists onto the iPhone icon in the left pane.