How to cook Chicken Katsu. Created in Japan but loved worldwide, chicken katsu is a simple breaded and fried chicken cutlet, served with a sweet katsu sauce. (Here we include instructions for a homemade sauce, but you can also get it in a bottle at the grocery store.) We love it served in the traditional way, with white rice and shaved green cabbage.
- Chicken breast 2 pieces,
- pepper and salt,
- Mozzarella cheese 200g (100g each chicken),
- flour, egg, fried flour
- Sauce: Korean chili sauce 1 tablespoon, chili powder 2 tablespoons, tomato sauce 5 tablespoons, minced garlic 2 tablespoons, Korean soy sauce 2 tablespoons, sugar 2 tablespoons, cooking sugar water 7 tablespoons, 4 tablespoons water.
※ DIRECTIONS on How to cook Chicken Katsu with cheese
1. Break 2 pieces of chicken breast meat and marinate with salt and pepper.
2. Take each piece of chicken breast meat wrapped around 100g of Mozzarella cheese.
3. Dip chicken breast meat in flour, eggs and fried flour.
4. Fry in 160 degrees hot oil for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1 tablespoon Korean chili sauce 2 tablespoons chili powder, 5 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 2 tablespoons Korean soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 7 tablespoons of cooking sugar, 1 spoon of water into the pot, mix well and boil.
6. Place 2 pieces of chicken on a plate and put the sauce on top.
※ DIRECTIONS on How to cook Chicken Katsu without cheese
How to cook Chicken Katsu
JAPANESE KATSU CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- 4 pieces of skinless chicken breast
- 1 large chicken egg
- 8 tablespoons cornstarch or panko crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons Korman seasoning
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
HOW TO MAKE JAPANESE KATSU CHICKEN
Crack the eggs, remove the shells, put them in a bowl, and stir.
Peel the garlic, then crush it.
Soak chicken in dilute salt water, then wash and dry with a towel.
Cut the chicken in half to make 2 pieces about 1cm thick. Use the handle of a knife to lightly pound the meat until the chicken is tender. Season the meat with a little salt and pepper.
MAKE FRIED DOUGH MIXTURE
Mix cornmeal or panko flour with a pinch of salt, place in a plate.
Dip the chicken in the egg, roll in the tortillas or panko flour, then dip again in the egg and roll in the panko dough. Put on disc.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, then add the floured chicken pieces one at a time and fry until golden brown on both sides. When the meat is cooked, remove to a plate and drain the oil.
HOW TO MAKE SAUCE
Put the ingredients: soy sauce, Korman seasoning, tomato sauce, honey, cornstarch in a separate pan, add 200 ml of filtered water. Bring to a boil, then stir to combine ingredients. Cook more in low heat for about 5 minutes to thicken the sauce, then turn off the heat.
SERVE AND ENJOY
Once the Katsu chicken has cooled down, cut it into bite-sized pieces. Arrange on a plate with white rice, shredded cabbage and dipping sauce.
The way to make chicken Katsu is very simple and suitable for you to make when you have a party or weekend meals that want to change the taste for the whole family. Crispy chicken combined with rich sauce stimulates the taste buds. Good luck!