How to cook Chicken Katsu. Created in Japan but loved worldwide, chicken katsu is a simple breaded and fried chicken cutlet, served with a sweet katsu sauce. (Here we include instructions for a homemade sauce, but you can also get it in a bottle at the grocery store.) We love it served in the traditional way, with white rice and shaved green cabbage.
- Chicken breast 2 pieces,
- pepper and salt,
- Mozzarella cheese 200g (100g each chicken),
- flour, egg, fried flour
- Sauce: Korean chili sauce 1 tablespoon, chili powder 2 tablespoons, tomato sauce 5 tablespoons, minced garlic 2 tablespoons, Korean soy sauce 2 tablespoons, sugar 2 tablespoons, cooking sugar water 7 tablespoons, 4 tablespoons water.
※ DIRECTIONS on How to cook Chicken Katsu with cheese
1. Break 2 pieces of chicken breast meat and marinate with salt and pepper.
2. Take each piece of chicken breast meat wrapped around 100g of Mozzarella cheese.
3. Dip chicken breast meat in flour, eggs and fried flour.
4. Fry in 160 degrees hot oil for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1 tablespoon Korean chili sauce 2 tablespoons chili powder, 5 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 2 tablespoons Korean soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 7 tablespoons of cooking sugar, 1 spoon of water into the pot, mix well and boil.
6. Place 2 pieces of chicken on a plate and put the sauce on top.
※ DIRECTIONS on How to cook Chicken Katsu without cheese
How to cook Chicken Katsu